黄色西瓜margarita with chipotle rim
我had other plans for the fragrant watermelon I’d bought at the farmers’ market last Sunday, but Kate Bush’s song “Eat the music” inspired me to make a sinfully delicious cocktail, one that is sure to make your taste buds sing…
我also thought the watermelon would be its usual seductive pink color, but it turned out to be deep-yellow — and, I might add, super-sweet!
The idea of garnishing the rim with more than just salt happened as I was making my first trial — it was a fluke! I found myself stirring into my sugar-salt mixture a bit of smoky chipotle powder. The result? As you put your nose in the glass to take your first sip you get a whiff of smokiness — an unbelievable counterpoint to the sweet aroma of the watermelon!
As for the drink itself, the Reposado tequila rounds off the flavor of the watermelon beautifully, the elderflower liqueur accentuates its lovely floral notes, and the fresh lime juice keeps everything in check. In a word: Heaven in a glass…
Cheers… And this time… Drink the music!
active time:10 min
For the rim
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- lime wedge
- 1 1/2 oz (45 ml) watermelon juice (see cook’s note)
- 3/4 oz (20 ml)Saint Germain elderflower liqueur
- 第1步：Place the sugar, salt and chipotle powder in a small bowl and mix well. Spread on a small plate. Moisten the rim of a cocktail glass with the lime wedge and dip the glass rim in the sugar/salt/chipotle mixture. Set aside.
- 第2步：对于鸡尾酒 - 用冰块摇晃所有成分，直到振动筛的外面出现薄薄的霜冻。倒入准备好的玻璃杯，立即发放！
- 厨师注意：制作西瓜果汁 - 去除西瓜的外皮和种子，切割2“块的肉。放置在食品加工机和脉冲opebet新闻c直至粗切换。然后加工直到平滑和液体。菌株通过细筛。将果汁转移到大挤压瓶中并冷藏直至准备使用。长达3天（3天后果汁开始失去味道）。