Last week I was honored to contribute a guest post for Steamy Kitchen – and may I say, it was a thrill to create a recipe that would match both her personality and her gorgeous blog.
To read my guest post for Jaden,click here。While you’re there, make sure to take a few minutes to peruse Jaden’s site. It’s filled with treasures that you’ll love to discover.
Food & wine pairing: Grüner Veltliner with tomato and avocado salad
- 12 square wonton noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove – skinned
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 oz (140 g) baby arugula – rinsed and spin-dried
- 2 ripe avocados – cut in 1″ pieces
- 1 1/4 LBS（565克）混合传家群西红柿 - 切成1“碎片
- Step 1:Cut the wontons in 1/4″ strips. Heat a large frying pan at medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and wonton strips. Toss well, then sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until they become golden-brown, continuing to toss occasionally. Transfer wontons to a paper towel and sprinkle with the salt.
- Step 2:To make the vinaigrette – Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process until creamy, about 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl once. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 第3步：Divide the arugula into 4 salad bowls. Top with the avocado and tomato pieces. Drizzle with the vinaigrette. Garnish with the crispy wontons. Sprinkle with the pepper and serve immediately.
Cut the wontons in 1/4″ strips.
Heat a large frying pan at medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and wonton strips.
Toss well, then sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until they become golden-brown, continuing to toss occasionally.
This is how the wontons look when they are done.
Transfer wontons to a paper towel and sprinkle with the salt.