Last week I was honored to contribute a guest post for Steamy Kitchen – and may I say, it was a thrill to create a recipe that would match both her personality and her gorgeous blog.
Then the salad is garnished with crispy wonton strips that have been lightly sautéed in olive oil until they’re crunchy and golden-brown. Every bite is a delight, offering a marvelous array of flavors and textures.
To read my guest post for Jaden,点击这里。While you’re there, make sure to take a few minutes to peruse Jaden’s site. It’s filled with treasures that you’ll love to discover.
Food & wine pairing: Grüner Veltliner with tomato and avocado salad
How about serving an aromatic white like a Grüner Veltliner from Austria, Slovakia or Czech Republic? The best examples of this varietal deliver full-bodied, perfumed wines with peppery notes that are a delight to sip. My second recommendation for this flavor-packed salad would be a dry rosé.
Heirloom tomato and avocado salad with crispy wontons and spicy cilantro vinaigrette
For the wontons
- sea salt to taste
For the vinaigrette
- 1 oz (30 g) cilantro leaves (1 cup, tightly packed)
- 1大蒜丁香 - 皮肤
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
For the salad
- 5 oz (140 g) baby arugula – rinsed and spin-dried
- 2成熟的鳄梨 - 切成1“碎片
- 1 1/4 lbs (565 g) mixed heirloom tomatoes – cut in 1″ pieces
- freshly ground white pepper to taste
- Step 1:切入1/4“条的馄饨。在中高温下加热大型煎锅。加入橄榄油和馄饨条。折腾，然后炒2到3分钟，直到它们变成金褐色，继续偶尔折腾。将Wontons转移到纸巾上并撒上盐。
- 第2步：To make the vinaigrette – Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process until creamy, about 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl once. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Step 3:Divide the arugula into 4 salad bowls. Top with the avocado and tomato pieces. Drizzle with the vinaigrette. Garnish with the crispy wontons. Sprinkle with the pepper and serve immediately.
Crispy wontons, step by step
This is how the wontons look when they are done.