Because I’m a seasonal fanatic, I refuse to make this salad at any other time of the year than when heirloom tomatoes are in season – even though I’ve been known to lust over it in mid-January.
Guess what I’m making for lunch today? Buon Appetito!
Sweet, ripe tomatoes and rosé are a match made in heaven! But the rosé needs to be bone-dry, with round fruit notes and a clean finish. Think rosés made with Southern Rhône or Italian varietals such as Syrah, Grenache, Mourvèdre, Cinsault, Carignane and Sangiovese.
Heirloom tomato salad with bocconcini and basil
- 2 medium red heirloom tomatoes – cut in 1/4″ slices
- 1 medium yellow or orange heirloom tomato – cut in 1/4″ slices
- 1 medium green heirloom tomato – cut in 1/4″ slices
- 1 cup mixed heirloom cherry tomatoes or husk tomatoes
- 1磅（455克）Bocconcini（婴儿马苏里拉球） - 排在纸巾上
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Arrange the tomatoes and bocconcini onto 4 plates. Drizzle lavishly with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with the basil and serve with sourdough or Italian country bread.